Act for Women (#ActForWomen) is a national campaign to support the Women’s Health Protection Act (WHPA)—federal legislation that secures equality, autonomy, and dignity for all people, reaffirming that pregnant people can have a safe and accessible abortion wherever they live.
- WHPA ensures those who need abortions are able to secure one free from government meddling and political influence.
- WHPA puts a stop to growing national crisis in abortion care, in which hundreds of damaging state-level restrictions have been passed by lawmakers—more than 400 since 2011—that create delays and barriers to care, limit the decision-making power of providers, and intentionally shame those who seek abortion
A Coordinated Movement
The Act for Women campaign unites a broad coalition nearly 100 of organizations committed to reproductive health, rights, and justice in order to advance the Women’s Health Protection Act as a key piece of proactive federal legislation.
We want to ensure our elected officials are doing their part to protect and secure our constitutional rights, and stop regulations and restrictions that are impeding abortion access and negatively impacting quality of care.
Click here to see a full list of the organizations supporting Act for Women and the Women’s Health Protection Act.
Access to a constitutionally guaranteed right and the quality of health care should not depend on one’s zip code. To secure quality reproductive health care for all, the #ActForWomen campaign will:
- Raise awareness among federal policymakers and committed supporters of reproductive health, rights, and justice of the assault on access to abortion care as a national crisis, and not one limited to a few states.
- Position the federal Women’s Health Protection Act as a critical policy response to the abortion access crisis in public discourse around reproductive health and rights—and demand that lawmakers support and pass WHPA.
- Represent to federal and state lawmakers that the Women’s Health Protection Act is supported by a broad and powerful coalition of the reproductive health, rights, and justice movements—and demonstrate our unity.
The primary focus of this campaign is protecting and extending access to safe and legal abortion care, but we recognize that the fight does not end there. People of color, indigenous people, cis and trans women and femmes, low-income people, LGBTQIA+ folks, immigrants, and young people often encounter additional barriers to obtaining health services.
We support and encourage parallel efforts to remove all obstacles to accessing affordable, nondiscriminatory, and quality sexual and reproductive health care.
#ActForWomen and ask your U.S. Representatives to support WHPA and sign on as a co-sponsor. Act for Women. Act now!